Friday, November 15, 2013

More about Kenzley

One other difference between the Preston hospital and the Logan hospital that kind of bothered me was that they didn't put the baby in pj's or warmer blankets. I ended up having Jed bring some from home. I'm glad I did too since this one was an extra small sized newborn. She was only able to wear them once. Blaikley wore these just once too. They came from my aunt Carri who's daughter, Millie, wore them! 
It's not the best photo but it was our first night alone so I did my best :)

Also in Preston, they had big, comfy recliners where in Logan they had a chair and a couch. Some rooms had more room in them but our room was a little more cramped just because of the way it was set up. Jed stayed with me both nights in Preston because he could get pretty comfy in the chair but he went home both nights while I was in Logan.  It worked okay and Blaikley liked having daddy kiss her goodnight and wake her up, but I would be lying if I said I was glad to be by myself. :). I really had good nurses so it wasn't too bad and I'm not complaining! I just want to document our experience!! 

On Friday my parents took Blaikley back to our house for lunch, playing in the park, and just keeping her busy.  Jed's brother Flint and his oh-so wonderful wife Amy came by for a visit before going to young men/young women's.  Amy kept us in food for days before and after. I will be forever grateful for her kindness, generosity, and example. Love you Amy! 

Also that evening, Jed's mom and dad came by! Stetson and Makayla where with them but they weren't allowed into the room. Jed was able to take Kenzley to the window so they could get a good look at her. Those two sweet kids as well as grandma and grandpa Pugsley brought us some beautiful flowers!  It was a wonderful and exhausting day :). I didn't get much sleep that day and I paid for later but it was so wonderful to show off our sweet little red head! Much too excitement to get any rest :) 

Kenzley was officially named at two days old!!  Blaikely named herSaturdaymorning :) 

Jed, my dad, my brother Robert and Blaikley went to Salt Lake City for a snowmobile show on Saturday. My mom and I had a wonderful time chatting, watching tv and taking turns cuddling Kenzley. My brother Travis drove down from Rexburg to come visit and get some loving on Miss K.  He brought some his homework and ended up staying and visiting for most of the day. We video chatted my brother Scott and my brother Denton called and chatted for a while as well. It was a wonderful day that made me feel so loved! I'm incredibly moved that all of brothers contacted me in someway and showed their love and concern.  I am so grateful for my brothers! That day I also received flowers and a teddy from my Grandma Jerri and Grandpa Jim.  It was a great day!

Mom, dad and Robert headed home bright and early Sunday morning. Travis had a date in Logan Saturday night that ran later then expected. He ended up staying at our house that night and left early Sunday also.  I had one of my favorite nurses of the whole time Sunday. Jed and Blaikley left the house a little later. They made a few quick stops in Logan before coming to the hospital and surprised me with a new pair of socks and Kenzley with a new onesie!! Such thoughtful souls!!  

After a shower and general hanging out, we were told we could leave that day. Our nurse Sunday was so wonderful that she made us sad to leave. The whole process was kind of rushed.  I really wanted to try savoring the moment but there must of been someone needing our room or something. We didn't even get to tell our nurse thank you and goodbye.  But I pushed for Kenzley to get a bath and get in her outfit before we left. *side note: I don't know if it was because Blaikley was our first, but we got a big load of formula, diapers, binky's, preloaded bottles... All kinds of things sent home with us. Again, not complaining, just comparing. They also had to check that we had the carseat installed correctly and a bunch of hubbaloo where as Preston just needed to see you carseat. Funny Utah :). 

Blaikley wants to hold and get a picture with Kenzley as often as possible. 
 
Getting ready to get loaded up and head home!
All ready to go!
We are home!!
She's perfect!

Daddy is in heaven!

And so is Blaikley :)

So beautiful!

Blaikley is on the left, Kenzley on the right. They look so much alike!!

Love my girls!!



No comments:

Post a Comment