Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanks Everyone

I just wanted to tell ya'll.... Thank you for your kind words. Your thoughts and prayers have been felt in our home and I cannot tell you how much I truly appreciate them.

The appointment with the Neurologist went well. After another exam and reading of the MRI reports, he only confirmed, once again, I have MS. He also explained a little bit more about how they think it's caused and symptoms and whatnot. He order two more MRI's, this time of my back, to check for legions along my spine. Then he prescribed my medicine that's a once a day shot, every day. I can handle that. What sucks the most is that I will no longer be able to nurse Blaikley while on the medicine.

I do not want to sounds judgmental, and if I do I apologize. I love nursing. I believe that not only the best way to bond with baby, but it's better for them in so many ways. I believe that woman have been hardwired to nurse, it's natural, and I believe that woman who choose not to because it's 'gross', or 'inconvenient', 'is going to ruin my boobs' or ' it's just too hard' are being downright selfish. Nursing is not easy. It's not always comfortable. You have to prepare for the day by deciding which clothes you can where when going to church or shopping or whatnot. But it's a beautiful, wonderful gift. No one else can do that for your baby. I realize that some woman can't nurse. They either just do not produce or have too many infections or other health problems or work too much (which is another rant I best keep to myself) or whatever the case the be. For them, I feel bad that they will not get that opportunity. But it makes angry and frustrated when healthy, strong, and completely able woman choose not to nurse. I HATE that the doctors tell me that I HAVE to take this medicine and that it could cause harm to my baby so I CAN'T nurse. For Blaikley, I will have to stop. I HATE it.

So... I'm going to wait. If I can even go for two more months, I won't feel as bad. By then, maybe she can take formula through a sippy cup and be on solids a little more.

Who knows.

I know it will all be fine. I am really trying to be positive. But this part sucks.

Okay, now that my rant and venting is done, I can get back to all the good.

Like, how lucky am I that they have medicine to help! How lucky am I that we had Blaikley when we did so that I was able to nurse her at all! How lucky am I that I have amazing, supportive, loving husband, family and friends! I have so many wonderful blessings in my life! I am so blessed to live in a world today where they can find MS, find it early, and treat the symptoms. There are so many things I could list, but my best gift is waking up from her nap and there's nothing better than the smiles she gives me right as she wakes up.

Loves

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm glad you are keeping a positive attitude.

    Good luck with the nursing situation. Too bad we don't live closer...I'd donate some of my pumped milk to Blaikley. Maybe that's gross? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet experienced nursing so I really can't give you any good Mommy-advice. However, I can say I'm praying for your family and good luck with the transition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mama Cami Jo, Blaikley is a lucky lady to have you. Nursing is wonderful, I was sad when it was over for me. I still feel sad sometimes when I'm giving baby G a bottle of formula. But we know we love our babies and no matter what we are their mommies forEVER!!! (imagine me saying that like on the Sandlot. :D ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Cami I'm sorry to hear this ur in my thoughts. I hear u on the nursing I only wish i could produce milk like most women it makes me sad for u cause i lost my milk when i went back to work and I only work part time but i was only back to work for like 2 days and my milk was gone it made me very sad

    ReplyDelete